CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Farmington River Tariffville section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishface

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Farmington River Tariffville section Reply with quote

I am thinking of going out in that area tomorrow, just wonerding if anyone has any input I will be fishing for Bass. I have never fished that part of the Farmington before. I will be putting at a park in town. I have a couple of friends who are Kayakers but inexperienced at fishing, but they went up there last week and had caught some small Bass. Just looking more for areas (not the almighty secret spots) than baits. I think I have that covered. Any input will be appreciated.

Tim
DV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only fished it from land a few times up that way, but my personal best smallie is out of there. That big S curve is good and has a few deeper holes in it, and If I remember right there is a deep hole just south of that near tunxis road along a stone wall. Just concentrate on current breaks and you should do good, I believe there is some large boulders in that area along with a few islands. I think the water may have been up higher when I checked that area out though, so the places I am thinking of might be shallower now.
Fishface

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DV
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't put my kayak in the Farmington River by Tunxis Rd unless you have a death wish or are an expert kayaker (which I'm not). A lot of rocks and whitewater in that area. I agree with DV there is some good shore fishing over there though. That's around where I caught my first SM earlier this season.
DV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, yes sorry about that. Lots of rocks, strong current etc. Wear your pfd and don't go south of Tunxis rd unless you are familiar with whitewater. Tunixs ave has some hairy white water, the gorge and the old dam is more of a play boating site. Stay above that and you should be fine, lots of fish around there.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The area south of that by the 187 bridge SE to Rainbow isn't bad either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: