CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: fishing spot this sunday
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: fishing spot this sunday Reply with quote

I have a upcoming trip planned for this sunday morning, but dont know where i should go, I was thinking between halls,mansfield,morey,rainbow, or batterson. Any tips,advice,what bait to use,etc would be greatly appreciated.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was me, I would go to either Halls or Morey, and fish 10 feet of water. With this heat, the less pressured waters and fishing deeper are going to pay off.

My 2 cents.......

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your two cents are appreciated, and i was leaning towards morey cuz i never been there
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to Morey, go under the highway and fish the deeper hole just on the other side of the under shoot. It is the deepest hole in the entire lake, and it is deeper on that side than the other by far.

I think you will do better on that side than the other this time of the year with the water temps up and all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking at a map of morey and saw what you were talking about over by the dam,thanks a lot for the info, appreciate it
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do NOT go to Batterson Park Toilet unless all the other places dry up completely and you're really into rock bass. The vegetation has taken over, so you'll be cleaning weeds off anything with an exposed hook. You'll be lucky to catch one rock bass if it can find your lure in that mess. Sucks for me since it's my water closest to home, but it's reached "unacceptable" status.

I like Rainbow Reservoir quite a bit, but the waterskiiers will ruin your fishing if your don't have a big stable boat (I don't and it's not fun.) Lots of structure, plenty of sandy areas under trees to land a boat during lightning, plenty of smallies (when the water's moving). No pads though. I'd recommend going earlier than planned...like start between 8 p.m. and 3 a.m instead of whatever you consider "morning." The moon is full so there's plenty of light and overnight lows are in the 60's-70's, which is incredibly comfortable compared to this 90 degree day crap.

Haven't been to the other 3 so I can't help you there. If you're fishing from shore than just pick a place with plenty of trees - scattered t-storms in the forecast.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary - I just looked at the map of Morey Pond on Google and spent way too long trying to locate the launch and where to go "under the highway." My truck must sit pretty low because I've driven through there plenty of times and never noticed water on both sides. Is that all pads to the left of the launch?

I also thought this car was pretty awesome:

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batterson has been scratched of the list lol im going to try and hit morey tomm or give salters a go again, thanks alot kira for the response and the heads up on the lovely conditions at batterson Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: