CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: West Hill Pond 07/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: West Hill Pond 07/28 Reply with quote

I took my daughter to West Hill Pond with The Other Woman for a couple of hours today, from 12:45 PM to 2:45 PM. I stayed covered up as much as possible; the sunburn on my legs and feet still hurts. There was a lot of chop on the water from the 10+ mph SSW wind blowing straight up the pond. Big clouds provided occasional moments of shade from the blazing sun.

After I launched, my daughter hung on the port side of the boat with one leg draped over the stern and one arm draped over the side to look for the Mirage Drive flipper that I lost yesterday. We went over the area within 20 feet of the boat launch ramp twice, but she couldn't spot it. After she hauled herself onto the boat, she set up a stern-facing low aluminum tube-legged lawn chair on the stern of the boat and I pedaled us down to the small island off the south end of the western coast that has the old fieldstone fireplace and chimney on it. I gotta say, The Other Woman was stable and handled like a bigger boat the whole time we were on the water. We headed across to the eastern shore and back north toward the ramp.

My daughter trolled my white lipless crankbait for a while and then a 4 inch Rapala, but asked for something guaranteed to catch a fish. Just so you know, she'd rather catch 100 tiny little sunnies than one 3 pound largemouth bass. Anyway, I put a wacky-rigged 5 inch pumpkin/red flake Senko on for her as we made our way up the eastern shore. She threw it at some weeds, over rocks and under docks, but didn't get a nibble. As we approached the ramp, I told her we were passing an area that is guaranteed to hold rock bass. On her last cast toward the last boat moored on the north end of the eastern shore, she hooked and landed a rock bass:

She's offered to join me whenever I go fishing from now on. Whoo hoo!

Last edited by PECo on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Get her hooked while she's young and you'll always have a fishing partner when you need one.
MarkO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on getting your daughter out and catching fish, too.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Phil, sounds like your daughter is getting hooked! Very Happy

Jim
Fishface

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Phil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: