CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Cedar 6/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Cedar 6/17 Reply with quote

Started out father's day weekend by taking my new puppy out for her first fishing trip. I decided to go over to Power's Lake because it has a nice secluded ramp that's usually not too active where she could run around a little. Well launching the boat went off pretty well and we started making our way down the shoreline. Here she is with her doggie PFD taking in the scenery! Laughing

Shortly after that as I began to throw a dropshot along the shoreline,..I heard KERPLOOSH!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I turned around to see her frantically paddling back towards the boatramp. Well after I fished her out all she did was tremble and whimper,..so that fishing trip was pretty short! Tried to go out later in the afternoon at Quonnipaug and got chased off the lake by some thunderstorms, so no fish on Saturday! Crying or Very sad

Sunday, I decided to stick closer to home in case more storms came up,..I fished Cedar from 7AM until around noon. Got some on a dropshot,..some on a jig and 2 flipping an Ozmo (creature bait) into thick weeds! All together I ended up with 8 bass and one pickeral! The best fish by far was this 4.5 lber that came on the Ozmo! Very Happy

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super cute doggie!!~! what a cool photo!

Just one more cast...
stumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice looking dog mark, she's a cutie. not a bad fish either Wink
LargeFry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute PuP!! Very Happy

I see a net in that pic, you didn'y use that to fish her out did ya! Razz

Nice trip on cedar too!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LargeFry wrote:
I see a net in that pic, you didn'y use that to fish her out did ya! Razz

No net,..though she would definitely fit,...you can't see it but her PFD has a handle on the top so i can just grab it and hold her like a briefcase! Razz Laughing
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lunker Mark! I need to know where to get one of those dog vest for my over weight beagle.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckc wrote:
Nice lunker Mark! I need to know where to get one of those dog vest for my over weight beagle.

I got mine in my local pet shop for $20,..they come in many different sizes! I was kind of surprised how well my dog tolerated it too,..she didn't fuss about it at all, so they must be pretty comfortable!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, too bad you don't have your Aquaview anymore. You could strap the camera to her vest pointing down so that next time she decides to go "swimming" you can also scope out new fishing holes! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: