CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: No Fishing Report Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: No Fishing Report Today Reply with quote

I was heading out last night with some friends to do a little bit of night fishing.
Less than a mile away in a parking lot (thank god) I hear BANG. Felt and sounded like the trailer came off the truck!!! That was the first thing I looked at when I got out of the truck. Wasnt that.

My trailers left side leaf spring snapped in half!!! The boat fell onto the fender, broke the fender and put a nasty scratch in my boat.....DAMN!!

So no fishing report

Everybody check your springs!!

We were able to jack up the frame and get a piece of wood in there and get her home ok. Pretty scarey. Can you imagine if that happened on the highway doing 75mph. Or maybe on the boat launch. Not pretty at all.

Could have been much worse, guess I'm lucky
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer!! Sad Thanks for the warning.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, you must have had a lot of tackle on the boat!

Seriously, though, I'm glad no one was hurt and the damage was minimal. When towing my little utility trailer and boat, I always start off with my windows open to listen for noises from the trailer. The report from a leaf spring failing probably would have made me duck and sent me off the road.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definately sucked! Got her all fixed up on Saturday. Redmans in Bristol had everything I needed in stock. When the spring broke the whole boat shifted to that side. I can't get the boat centered correctly now. I'm thinking one of the bunk board brackets is bent or at the wrong angle. Ordered all the stuff to make new boards today. Hopefuly, do that on Saturday. Some friends have a place on Bantam, they said I can park my trailer and work on it there. While my boat is tied to there dock. Of coarse I'll do some fishing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: