CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 08/05
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 08/05 Reply with quote

I fished the pond between storms today, from about 10:45 AM to 2:15 PM. I caught only one fish on a wacky 5 inch smoke/red flake Dinger just S of the culvert on the W shore of the S cove. It was only a 16 inch 2 lb 3 oz largemouth bass, but it felt huge after all of the smaller bass I've been catching lately:

I found out that the module for the trailer wiring harness I just installed in my car might be bad. The running lights work, but the turn signals and brake lights don't. I know that the trailer wiring is good, because it works fine with my father-in-law's Yukon. I also know the inputs to the module are good, because I checked the connections with a tester. Funny thing though; my frustration disappeared for a few minutes after I landed the bass. I love fishing!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your car see if there is a trailering fuse because my f250 did the same thing on the way to nh and it was the fuse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish and you avoided the skunk so you can't complain about that. Isn't it great how catching a fish can make you forget your worries.
davoforty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish, and landing one fish does make you forget!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

rjskeeter

Yeah, there's power to the module. I got lucky and didn't have to run a cable to the battery for the harness. There were two unused mini fuse slots in my Saab's trunk-mounted fusebox; one with switched power and one with unswitched power. I used an "add-a-fuse" to power the module from the unswitched slot, which is like hooking it up directly to the battery. However, the intermittent flashing of the trailer's running lights when the car's lights are off makes me think that I should hook the module up to the switched slot after I finally get it working. I don't want the trailer to drain my battery when the car is off.

Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: