CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 08/09
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AustinB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 08/09 Reply with quote

Got out on the water this morning at 7:30. On my first cast with a green purple flake forked dinger i got a 12 inch largie around 1 to 1 1/2 lbs . I got him casting next to a weed line just south of the culvert towards the western shore.

After many more unsuccesful casts I headed over to the basalt boulder/ pebble beach and threw the green dinger, a few lipless cranks and some assorted geckos and got nothing.

I tried around both islands with all of the above baits and was still not catching.

I went back to my original spot and tried everything again but still no fish.

there were fish eating bugs off the surface the entire time and i threw some frogs but couldnt get any hits.

later I actually saw two of the fish that seemed to be eating bugs off the surface and couldn't recognize them. they looked like a bass/carp mixture. what were they?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big bug-eating fish were probably carp.

I'm sorry to hear that the bite was so slow this morning. Now that the water is warmer, I think that you have to fish Spring Pond extremely slowly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big fish did look like carp, and I agree that a slower presentation would have produced more fish.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first cast bite always seems to mean that you'll catch either a ton or next to none. Maybe you should have broken it off! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: