CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: New Haven 6/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReelCrazySportfishing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: New Haven 6/21 Reply with quote

I had a 1 man trip today with Doug from Pennsylvania. He want to catch stripers so I was happy to help him out.
We left the dock at 5 am and ran to the new haven walls. The first fish into the boat was a sand shark. Then the bass started. there were alot of short hits but they finally started to feed. The first bass was short at 27 inches.The next fish about 10 minutes later was a bigger one. It made a long run. Doug was worried about running out of line on the reel but the fish finally turned. After a short battle we landed a 38 inch 26 pound fat fish. After some more short runs and a blue and another big sand shark the smaller rod went off. Line screamed off the reel after doug set the hook. It was fun watching him fight this fish on light tackle. I knew the fish was big but I didnt want to say anything until he got it to the boat. It was a good fish and hit the 30 lbs mark on the scale. The look on his face was pricless.
The bite started to slow after we landed another short so we moved out to the reefs.
Now it time to 3 way whole bunker.
At the first reef on the 3rd drift Doug nailed a 34 inch 15lbs striper. we made a few more drifts and I wasnt seeing to much action on the fishfinder so we ran to another reef.
There was alot of bait so after a couple of drifts and bluefish biteoffs Doug gets another fish. it was 37 inches 20 lbs. We ended up getting one more that was alittle over 40 inchs about 25 pounds. the wind started to pick up and the bite slowed so we headed it.
Today all fish were released to fight another day!!!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good day! Thanks for the report!

Just one more cast...
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Pat...Bunkers still around?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are still there but nothing like it was.
the fish seem to be pushing them up the mill and for some reason they are deep in the water at the mouth.
They are running in small pods now. not like the day I seen you there.
they disappeared in branford and milford they are hanging around the island.

the night bite in the Q is still pretty good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: