CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Does anyone even fish tournaments anymore?? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Does anyone even fish tournaments anymore?? Reply with quote

Seems like the tournament fishing has dried up around here.Thinking the economy has alot to do with it. Miss the "glory days" for sure. it was fun while it lasted..and paid well too!
Johnny
Sal316

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just ran our 2nd striper tournament today. The 3rd one will be September 25th.The interest for tournaments is still there, just harder to find them.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny,

Could it be that guys are joining clubs now and to busy with the Club Tourney trail?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think alot of guys just can't financially fish the bigger clubs, too much driving all over the place with tourney's on the Hudson, or champlain, or winni, etc. due to the poor economy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think alot of people are fizzing out and not being that competitive, and the younger generation of guys are really not into tournys, By the way, anybody want to buy a boat?? Laughing
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
I think alot of people are fizzing out and not being that competitive, and the younger generation of guys are really not into tournys, By the way, anybody want to buy a boat?? Laughing

Flippy I'll trade you my 12 foot tin can for your boat i'll also throw in the 55 thrust electric Laughing
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pizzaman, where have you been?? Lets go do some night fishin,
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing about you night fishing sounds good especaily with the heatwave thats coming in next week.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a certain incident on this site that seemed to mark the downfall of CTFT T's. I think there are plenty of people willing to fish them but there is a lack of people willing to run them (myself included - 2 kids and busy job, just don't have the time). I joined a club this year and thank god I did other wise I would have only fished two non club T's which Flippy was kind enough to organize and run. Both T's were fun, run well and it was nice to meet fellow site members.

I don't think people realize how much effort goes into running a T and how frustrating it is when people commit then don't show, or they don't return pm's or back out at the last minute. It only takes one or two incidents like that for a T organizer to say screw it.

The T's we have had on this site have been great but I know they came with a lot of hassles for the people running them. The people that organize/run these T's aren't getting paid, they are doing it because it is their passion, they put in a lot of effort and sometimes it goes unnoticed and becomes a thankless job.

I don't own a boat so I think it is awesome that a stranger would be willing to let me fish on the back of their boat for 8 hours. I have met some really cool people fishing the CTFT t's and I am grateful for every captain that let me fish the back of their boats. I do hope we have more T's and I will participate as long as I don't have another engagement.

Although I can not devote enough time to run/organize a T, I would be more than willing to assist anyone who wants to run one, give me a list of tasks you need done and I will do every task I commit to.

Justin

Last edited by Bass Addict on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip, u really selling your boat? Say it isn't so?

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Bassaddict, as for myself, I have had a very busy schedule this summer, and have had very few weekend days to even get out and fun fish, never mind throw in an extra tournament.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belonged to a club that had 50 members and had 20 tournaments a year
( including night). I burned out. Too much petty bickering for my taste. My current schedule working almost every weekend stops me from fishing. I am off during the week and I enjoy having lakes basicially to myself. The other thing was having someone on your boat and fishing against the non-boater for points. Yes some partners brought different spots. Then there are the people who wack your motor casting as well as leaving cigarette burns in your carpet. Then the weeds all over the back was pleasant also. Yes it costs money to be competitive but made sacrifices in other areas of my life. Now if fishing sucks I just throw the boat on the trailer, go home and enjoy a good meal with a beer.
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Jerry what club was that?
Jerryinct

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seawolf out of Ledyard CT
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a monster club, must have been fun while it lasted,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: