CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Conservation & DEP
Viewing Topic: Pick up your fishing line people!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Pick up your fishing line people! Reply with quote

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/station/as-seen-on/Great_Horned_Owl_Rescued_Hartford.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Peco. I can't tell you how many times while flipping a laydown tree or log, that we snag someone else's old fishing line, sometimes with the weight and hook, plastic bait, or crankbait still attached. We always pull as much as we can out of the water, or out of a tree, and put in our trash bin in the boat.

Dont be pigs people, pick up after yourself and leave the water and the land around it cleaner than you found it. Don't be afraid to pick up someone elses trash as well, if people keep leaving their trash all over the place the general public will want to close access to fishing locations because we didn't take care of it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
I agree Peco. I can't tell you how many times while flipping a laydown tree or log, that we snag someone else's old fishing line, sometimes with the weight and hook, plastic bait, or crankbait still attached. We always pull as much as we can out of the water, or out of a tree, and put in our trash bin in the boat.

Dont be pigs people, pick up after yourself and leave the water and the land around it cleaner than you found it. Don't be afraid to pick up someone elses trash as well, if people keep leaving their trash all over the place the general public will want to close access to fishing locations because we didn't take care of it.

Hear - Hear Slimecoat.

I do pick-up trash all the time.
Worst time though is always Opening Day!
Seems that always brings out the SLOBS Exclamation

SeaDog1
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Dog1, I never once thought you were a violater, you seem to do everything by the book. I'm sure that most members of this site are not violaters either, but those who are:

We're watching you!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My left pocket is designated for line and worn soft plastics.

Recently while in Maine on the tourney, two days before the tourney during pratice my live well pump (I had turned it on to make sure everything was working to the big day) I noticed it didn't turn on.

Later, back on shore I removed the live well pump to see it sucked up line floating in the water. It wrapped around the shaft and cracked the housing.

There was no way I could even get it back together with out it leaking and me talking on water.

I had to next day air a live well pump from Detriot.

Pump cost - $40.00
Next day air costs - $40.00
time off the water - two days.
time it takes to pick up your trash (old line) - PRICELESS...!

PICK UP YOUR TRASH...Please

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't agree more I always have a bag with me. Just this last Saturday fishing with DD10 I saw a castmaster hooked into a log grabbed it pulled it in with the 50 to 60' of line attached to it. I know since I been fishing with the Kayak the last two years I have retreived, it seem like a mile or so of disreguarded line. There is one time when I was fishing the Eight Mile River 15 or so years ago. I was wadding a deep pool and because of the rains I had to get out to walk around this pool, as I was getting out I look into this large outcroping of shale I beleive it was and there were 2 Shit covered diapers wedged into a opening. Now I usually got the extra mile but I had to draw the line at this one, and the part I did not understand is how someone had there child in this part of the river unless they had the child strapped to there back. In all my years of fishing I have taken worm buckets, hook packs, line etc. but there are time when you have to draw the line.

Tim
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a pretty badass braid and have never even had to break off in years. I usually tighten the drag and pull the branches right off trees....but I do pick up tons of 4lb mono from my favorite spots...its usually the same assholes who leave their empty containers of nightcrawlers and probably also took 15 undersize bass from the place....
On twenty-pound test "
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually change up alot and re-tie as often as needed so I on average leave about 10 miles of line laying around..........in my buddy SkeeterRon's boat!! Wink Very Happy

Jim
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Aha! Reply with quote

Ron - You had mentioned the need for an expensive new livewell pump in your tourney report. Now we know why you needed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Conservation & DEP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: