CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake George
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoppy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Lake George Reply with quote

Hit lake george from tuesday late afternoon thru friday mid morning. once again any smallie over 2lbs has eluded us. im not sure what the deal with this place and or us is but we can not put a smallie over 2lbs in the boat. smallie fishing this year wasnt very good. the largies however cooperated and we had some awesome trips out. we found an area roughly the size of 2 football fields that was in 20 to 40' that put out alot of fish. most in the 2 to 3 lb range, fat and healthy and awesome fioghters from those depths. fish came on Drop shot rigs but i also killed them on the brushog. we got one landed pike and a few cut offs. buddy had a hit and the rod doubled over. he got the fish close and no kidding a pike was locked onto a rockbass that had hit my buddies DS. pike came all the way up with the rockbass in its mouth and then let go at side of the boat. it was a good trip but once again i have been stumped by the big smallies that are sup[posed to swim there. i see pictures in the tackle shops of big smallies...........we fished that place good for 3 days and moved to many areas. marked alot of fisin many areas but they werent the schools of 3 or 4lb smallies we wanted. anyone else fish up there and do well with bigger smallies? where the hell are they hiding?
Aj1986

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going up to lake george laborday weekend with some friends.were going to be going for lake trout and salmon tho. but if we end up catchin any bass ill let ya know where lol
hoppy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only area of that lake i havent really fished yet is north past the narrows. we did work around three sirens for an hour for some dinks. by far the best area for us was around dome island. in a spot that the map has marked as a "smallie spot".
that "smallie spot" put out largies almost all day. kinda wierd fishing out in the middle of now where but thats where the fish were. we would scan the area and we came across some nice weed clumps and sure enough that was our pattern for the day. we also caught alot of fish marked on the finder right below us. drop shotting vertically put alot of fish in the boat. especially due to the wind and waves we encountered. hope you have better luck with the trout and salmon. great place to be just wish we could figure out the smallies there. we caught them just not in any size. never have there in like 4 trips. largie fishing on the hand has been awesome. lost what could have been a donkey the 1st day in some weeds. could have been a pike but didnt feel like one. ohwell maybe next time. let me know how you make out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: