CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: mashpaug 8/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: mashpaug 8/28 Reply with quote

fished with skeeter ron from 7am - 12PM, blue bird skies. I got the skunk, ron caught 6+ with most of them around 12-16". It was rough.

The highlight of the day was seeing a bald eagle. First time for me. We had a great look at it. Something I won't forget, that is a powerful looking bird.

Justin
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Skunky Day Reply with quote

The fishing was extremely slow on the Farmington and Mattabesset Rivers today, too. I almost got the skunk on the Mattabesset, but was saved by a last minute, almost in darkness smallie. I have to shout out to DV for having taught me how to pull it out from underneath some bridge pilings. Thanks, Derek! Very Happy

Last edited by PECo on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: I forgot to ask. . . . Reply with quote

What kind of lures were you and Ron throwing, anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco,

I was throwing a swin bait..

BA was throwing the same swim bait, but a different color, and just about everything but the kitchen sink.

I went to west hill with the wife, she went swimming off the back of the boat and I was just killing time. I caught about 8 bass, very small. Lunker being 1+lbs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Thanks, Ron. . . . Reply with quote

Each of my kids are heading out with a friend this afternoon, so I'm going to pedal around West Hill Pond on my Hobie for a bit. Surprisingly, my left leg isn't too sore from the cramps I had in it yesterday. I'm only going to drop shot, probably around the submerged island. I want to figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: