CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Connecticut river south 9/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Connecticut river south 9/10 Reply with quote

Took a buddy from mass out from 130-730. All i can say is holy crap the tides where crazy today! 5 foot swing from high to low and the current draw was like i have never seen before and i have spent thousands of hours on the river. The fishing was,well not too hot. the highlites was a nice 4 pounder caught on a jig on 8 pound test. Landed a few other nice fatties and had anoth 4 plus smash my jig as i was pulling out of the water at boatside. Caught some onster yellow perch as well. Water temps were 72 ish with overcast skies/gusty wind and air temp around 65. Fish last hour of incoming and full outgoing tides...lots of fluctuation in water levels.
Johnnie
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Nice! Reply with quote

A 4 pounder is "not too hot"? Surprised What do you normally catch?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a 4 pounder is great,however i am used to catching many..many fish per outing averaging 2 pounds of so with a few nice sharptooths thrown in. The river has been tough and i just started getting out ther again 3 weeks ago...have to figure them out..its gettin to be transition time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: