CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Southwest CT Fishing spots Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Cartman, canoes and certain kayaks can hold 2 people. I've seen 3 people in some of the canoes out there. As far as you worried about tipping over, get a canoe with a wide draft (width) which tends to make the canoes more stable. That's how I started bass fishing before I eventually got a small boat and then worked my way to a big bass boat. Once you fish from a canoe/boat you'll be glad you got one and forget about the money you spent on it because it has opened up a whole new fishing experience for you.

Jim
CartmanCT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you this about one of these ? any good ? which one would you recommend ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310247150258&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330465833565&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-INTEX-Seahawk-II-Boat-Set-Inflatable-River-Raft-/390237263840?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adbf417e0

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-INTEX-Seahawk-2-Inflatable-Boat-Set-w-Oars-Pump-/350392783531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51950992ab
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cartman, if it was me I would stay away from things like those. One thing about blow up boats is you really have to watch your hooks and braches in the water as you could puncture yourself into sinking. Another thing is I would go with more of a canoe or kayak as they are alot more maneuverable and will take you greater distance paddling than if you were trying to row all day. IMO spend 300-400 bucks and get yourself a used canoe, that way you don't have to worry about hooking your boat and will easily go over branches and rocks in the water without worrrying about sinking yourself. Old saying goes "Buy cheap, buy twice" really applies here and I really think you would kick yourself after buying one of those blow-up boats.

Jim
CartmanCT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Cartman, if it was me I would stay away from things like those. One thing about blow up boats is you really have to watch your hooks and braches in the water as you could puncture yourself into sinking. Another thing is I would go with more of a canoe or kayak as they are alot more maneuverable and will take you greater distance paddling than if you were trying to row all day. IMO spend 300-400 bucks and get yourself a used canoe, that way you don't have to worry about hooking your boat and will easily go over branches and rocks in the water without worrrying about sinking yourself. Old saying goes "Buy cheap, buy twice" really applies here and I really think you would kick yourself after buying one of those blow-up boats.

Jim

OK, thank you very much
CartmanCT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is, if I get a non blow up boat, how am I gonna transport it from point a to point b ? I dont have a thingy on my roof and not planning to install one
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Cartman if you ever going to get a little more serious about your fishing you'll going to have to get a roof rack or a trailer eventually, there's is no way around that. But for now you have options as far as a canoe. Get those sponge inserts that mounts to the sides of the canoe available at Walmart or Cabelas probably 10-20 bucks and then you can put your canoe on the top of your vehicle without using racks. Then it's just a matter of lifting your canoe on top and strapping it down, about the cheapest way you can go and still use a canoe. Your other option is to get a blow-up kayak which is a lot better than those blow-up rafts that you previously listed but you still need to be careful with those.

Jim
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jim. Stay away from the inflatables unless they have a cover over them. I have an inflatable but it has a thick nylon shell over it and it has saved my boat from hooks several times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: