CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Frog fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Frog fishing Reply with quote

before the end of the fishing season, i want to nail a pig on a spro or tru tungsten mad maxx frog. I'm just wondering where would be my best chances for doing that. thanks a lot for any tips advice.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, Turtlekiss?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the boat launch not been closed to the public I would have said Bantam Lake.

Jim
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunker Cove, you can throw that frog anywhere, from the ct river to silver lake just find that special matt or set of weeds and keep casting till you get a heart stopping explosion, it will happen, have faith in that frog
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys for all the replies,

flippy: I still have faith and had some explosions, but nothing landed yet. i got like 4 different colors in the bronze eye and one in the mad maxx something better happen lol i shall try till the pigs come home!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had no luck at Burr Pond, but it has some beautiful pad cover in the SW cove and I know that there are some big largemouth bass in there. . . and chain pickerel, too.

Last edited by PECo on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a few times to figure out just how long to wait before setting the hook on a frog strike. I lost a few by trying to set the hook to soon. After a while you will get your timing down and catch more fish. You definitely want to wait a good 2 seconds or so before the hookset. You want the fish to grab it and start taking it under before setting it. You'll get one. If I can do it you can too Cool
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunker Cove, I always modify my frog a tad by taking needlenose pliers and bending the hooks outward just a tad like 1/8 of inch, when I get a strike I always wait till I feel the fish or my line is moving with the fish then set that hook that rips its head off, In tournys I have modified frogs that have extra hooking power Twisted Evil
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco: yea i have been looking at burrm it looks ideal for frog fishing
dirtydawg: yea i get way to excited herky jerky when a bass explodes on my frog, i will keep trying for dure thanks bud
flippy: yea i actually seen a video with dean rojas demonstrating how to modify the hooks on a frog , i shall give it a try. thanks bud
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am considering heading out early on my day off [thursday morning] to upper bolton for a lil shore froggin, guys think its worth a shot?
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I got here a little late. I'd suggest trying the back coves at Pickerel Lake. Those bass feed late...bring a flashlight and bug spray. My 2nd choice would be Cedar because those bass have hit my frogs in open water.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea? where is pickeral? is it far from the hartford area? maybe we can get together one day and you can show me your froggin skills
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunker Cove wrote:
yea? where is pickeral? is it far from the hartford area? maybe we can get together one day and you can show me your froggin skills

Westchester I think. Right near Moodus. The pads at Silver Lake are awesome right now too.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver lake aint to far, maybe i shall give it a try. maybe we can both give it a shot sometime
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: