CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Champlain 9-18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vudak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Lake Champlain 9-18 Reply with quote

My wife, father and I went up to Lake Champlain for a fishing charter to search for Northern Pike this past weekend. The action was intense and furious, with us catching 59 fish in 8 hours, and a few more throwing the lure near the boat. Of those, probably 40 were pike, 15 were pickerel or hybrid, and the rest were smaller bass.

This was our second charter of the year with Captain Mickey Maynard, and I highly recommend him. It's just so nice to be able to show up with nothing but a very small and fair amount of money, fish with premium tackle, and come back with great memories. It was $300 for 8 hours, compared to the tourist trap pirates at Lake George who will charge you nearly double that for 5 hours on a lake that is much worse fishing. It's definitely worth the extra hour-ish drive to Plattsburgh.

You can get in touch with Captain Maynard at www.lakechamplainangler.com if you are so inclined.

A few pictures of our catches:

Crystal with the big catch of the day:

Me, looking sick as a dog after two week's worth of cluster headaches and tooth abscesses--I needed this trip:

Her with another nice pike:

And her with a very nice hybrid:

It was a great time making great memories. The only problem is now I'm thinking I need to drop what I'm doing and head up with my boat this weekend to see if they don't bite like that in Crown Point as well.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Thanks, Vudak! Reply with quote

Beautiful fish! I'm packing up the car already! Very Happy Thanks for the fishing charter recommendation!

BTW - How were you fishing; live bait or artificial?

Last edited by PECo on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Vudak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All artificial, and all catch n' release, the best way to fish Smile

Edit - black or red spinner baits, large, by the way.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

WOW! Nice fish!!! Razz

SeaDog1
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: