CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cots6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of bringing a friend fishing tomorrow at Spring Pond. We'll be fishing from shore, and i've fished there before and caught a decent bass near the north island, but I was just wondering if anyone had any other places we should try there. We're thinking of going around 6am. Any info would be great, thanks!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started fishing frequently at Spring Pond this year and the way it fishes has been changing so much that I'm no longer sure how to fish it. Right now, I'm thinking spinnerbaits, jigs or Texas-rigged worms would probably work. On the other hand, there are a lot of weedbeds, including a big one kinda between the two islands, where I'd like to fish topwater with a Spro frog.

I might stop by tomorrow. I'd bring both of my boats, if you'd like to try one out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i've fished Spring a couple times this year, mostly end of summer, and i've caught a crappie and a pretty decent bass, like 3lber. I've only fished from shore and fished the whole thing once, and other times from certain spots by the islands. One on a small white spinnerbait and one on a yum worm. It's def a tough place to figure out but I have faith haha.
My friend and I both have work tomorrow and idk how long we're going to be there, so idk about the boat. Don't wanna make you haul an extra but I really appreciate the offer. I will def take you up on that offer another time though! haha.
Def stop by, we're gonna try to be there between 6-7am and maybe fish it for 2 or 3 hours before work.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make it to Spring Pond today? I can't get out of the house until after I send my kids off to school. And I was moving too slowly to meet you out there this morning. Let me know the next time you get out there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah my friend and I fished there from about 7am-10am...I caught one small lmb on a spinnerbait at the far north "cove" by the overhanging tree. That place is impossible to figure out.
Cots6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I figure out how to load pics on here, ill put one up of the fish I caught today, compared to the fish I caught there 2 weeks ago haha.Big difference
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: How to post photos. . . . Reply with quote

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/how-to-post-photos-t5359.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that with the water level as low as it is that there are a lot of fish out in the middle in the weed beds. I haven't been out there in a while though. I'm guessing that is a tough place to shore fish right about now because of the conditions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: