CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Salmon River (Lower Section)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishface

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Salmon River (Lower Section) Reply with quote

Has anyone fished the lower part. I have fished the upper for trout for a lifetime. Just not to sure this part, thinking about putting the kayak in soon. Any input would be appreciated.

Tim
Flipper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry so late. I have fished Salmon Cove from the Ct river a few times this year, but I was fishing for pike. I only caught small ones, but it was during the middle of the summer. Great spot for pike (like any backwater in that stretch of CT river) and I saw many bass guys working the weeds. A small channel runs the length of it but it snakes around the further in you go. Shallow weeds and wood make up the rest of it. If you like carp - they were spawning 1 time I was there and 20 pounders were everywhere. Seems to be a very fertile body of water that holds good numbers of all kinds of fish. Also caught crappie, big pickeral and yellow perch. There is a free boat launch where the 2 rivers meet, as well. All in all it's a nice place to fish and a good spot for kayaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: