CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Conservation & DEP
Viewing Topic: Diamondback terrapins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebigcatch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Diamondback terrapins Reply with quote

Don't worry--I don't want to eat them cuz they are too cool to eat! But I am curious if there are any places to get photos of them. Have any of guys ever seen a sea turtle too. that would be pretty cool.
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I think its strange that you are asking about 2 species that are used in old world type medicines?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what that means but I aint into no weirdo medicines I just wanna take some pictures of them turtles.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always on the lookout for terrapins. Never saw one in the wild. Had 2 that i purchased from a breeder in jesrsey. Had them for a couple yrs. They were the most awesome pets i ever had. So friendly and aware. I used to put them in a kiddie pool in the summer in my garden so they could bask in the sun til 1 night i forgot i left them outside and a raccoon ate them Sad they dont fit all the way inside their shells so they had no protection. If i ever come across them in the wild, i will leave them there and just observe. Beautiful animals.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen a diamondback in the wild up here...just painted turtles, snappers and Eastern box turtles. Thank you for not eating them. They're special little creatures. Very Happy
This is my Koopa, a free-roaming Gulf Coast box turtle:

Link

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Conservation & DEP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: