CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: I guess locking the topics was not enough
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: I guess locking the topics was not enough Reply with quote

Hello members,

Apparently locking the forums related to the Lake X BS is not enough and I have been getting private messages. So let us clear up some things.

NickP -- You have been a member since the first few days of the forum. You know that we generally discourage Lake X reports and ask that you post the body of water along with your report. Obviously if is private water or limited access we understand. You also have been around this forum long enough to know that someone is going to give you crap about putting lake x in there, so try not to fuel the fire and just let their responses go. That being said, your report was informative and it seriously sucks about your truck / boat. I hope it all works out.

To All -- Yes, it sucks when someone posts a Lake X report, and Yes, we discourage it, but it will happen. You can say it sucks and you wish you knew where they were, but then get over it and move on, it's not the end of the fish. Hopefully there is still plenty of good information that will help you catch more. Information about water temps, depth, technique and what tackle is being used to hook them with is just as, if not more valuable than what body of water.

I see people comparing oldefriend to nickp's post. Oldefriend strictly came here to complain about people posting maps of areas they fished. He never gave a report. At least NickP did post about his fishing.

To those watching other forums, there were some offensive terms used in an old topic, not sure why or where that stemmed from, but cartmanCT has been banned. While I wanted to congratulate the forum for it's 1000 member, it's really just 999. Damn.

SO, CTFishTalk discourages the use of Lake X. If there is not other option, be sure to post as many details as possible about the day, depth, water temp, technique and tackle as possible. This forum is for information, not just bragging. If I see a Lake X report without such information, I will delete it without notice. Fair?

-Regl
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regl

Thank you.

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Regl!

Thank you!

SeaDog1
RobO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you....
SWfish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...Thank you.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for it.

Thank You.

Sorry to hear about your boat and truck Nick, it truely sucks.

At least you guys weren't hurt.

And at least it happened at the end of the season instead of the end of March!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: