CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Changing the trebles on my Rapalas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Changing the trebles on my Rapalas Reply with quote

Ok after I posted my Sug. Reservois report about how I lost the walleye I was there for, I went back yesterday morning. In the cold, before sunrise, I am there thinking of how close I was to my first walleye, only to lose it twice. Only to for a third time have one get off that I could see in the moonlight. So I decided I want to change the trebles on my rapalas, for two reasons. One they are old, and two it was suggested to me on here to change them for ones bigger.

As an aside, not sure if anyone knew, but if you go to Bass Pro Shops online, they list what size hook is with each item.

Ok, now back to my question. They original floating rapalas use size 5 trebles. I wanted to upgrade to #6, since that is what they use for the husky jerks. Do you think it will change the way the Original Raps run? Will the slightly heavier trebles make the weight sink more? Just looking for advice. If nothing else I can always just experiment. If changing out the trebles does not help well there is always knitting. Shocked
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man! I'm sorry to hear that you lost another walleye! Crying or Very sad

Since I 'd assume that you're cranking your baits pretty fast, I don't think that a larger treble would really hurt the action much, if at all. I would definitely give it a shot after your last two outings.

Last edited by PECo on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah needless to say I was very upset. I'll teel ya what though, for just a $5 dollar for a day pass, its worth it if for nothing else besides the scenery. The leaves are amazing, not to mention the reisdent blue heron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: