CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: A SO SO DAY ON LAKE HOUSATONIC IN SHELTON
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: A SO SO DAY ON LAKE HOUSATONIC IN SHELTON Reply with quote

Just got back from the lake and I'm more puzzled now than ever. Caught a few LMB and SMB and as usual a ton of rock bass. What I can't figure out is I am catching LMB where I have in the past only caught SMB and visa versa. These fish aren't where they are supposed to be. I have fished this lake for well over 40 years and I am baffled. Went out this spring and bought alot of buzzbaits and spinnerbaits (worked awesome last year) this year they don't even want to look at them. A while back someone asked about weed growth...I have never seen some many weeds this early in the season as this year! This is turning out to be one SCREWY year. Oh well got to keep trying anyway it beats work. The water was preety clear for the river and the water temp was 71 degrees. cmorjoe ps: anyone ever catch a SMB that was smaller than the plug you were using? What could he have been think of?
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the fish are adapting to the new growth. Give it a few weeks and the LM will be pushing up into the weeds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: