CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bass on Rat/Mouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Bass on Rat/Mouse Reply with quote

Im jsut bored at the moment and was thinking about catching bass in the summer on frog lures and got to thinking about the rat/mouse topwater lures they have. I mean I know bass practically eat anything and know that the lures will catch bass but I was wondering if anyone in CT pulled out any good sized bass on one of these lures. Post a picture if you have might be an interesting thread
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a YouTube video of a largemouth bass taking a live chipmunk off of some lily pads but, no, I haven't tried it. Either live or artificial, I mean. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive caught 5lbers on scum frogs not rats same thing over mats thou.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any pics, but I've caught a bunch of 2-3 lbers on mice. However, they tend to lose their tails, whiskers and ears FAST. Best used in super-heavy vegetation and near the shoreline. Same general retrieve as the Spro frogs except I'd let them sit longer, twitch them more, and give them more erratic side-to-side movement in open water. The underside view (as the fish sees it) isn't much different from a frog's profile, so the tail is probably what elicits the strike. I bet you'd get the same results by gluing a thin 4" finesse worm to the back of a frog.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximillion, ya, go to you tube, and in the spring(later spring) remind me to take a video, I will throw a frog out into a lake and you can see what happens, a real one Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frogs SUCK!!! Never catch nothing on them. Much better luck with the JSJ Dirty Bird around the weeds...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Rolling Eyes
Maximillion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deffinatly the frogs produce Ive caught plenty on live/artificial frogs, awesome using a live one your pretty much guaranteed a lunker. Ill purchase some mice lures and try it out in summer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: