CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Breakneck Pond access road video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Breakneck Pond access road video Reply with quote

Breakneck Pond in CT/MA is located inside a state park with NO public motor vehicle access. Small boats can be carried/dollied in via this 1.2 mile road that is gated and locked. This video is intended to demonstrate the terrain one can expect between the south end of Breakneck Pond & the entrance at Bigelow Hollow State Park in Union, CT.

Turn the volume down...I just picked a public domain audio track that was long enough to cover up the original audio. I'm well aware that it sucks compared to Hendrix. That's not necessarily me or anyone I know in this video, although I have legal publishing rights. Again, ONLY authorized/DEP/law enforcement vehicles can use this road (which probably means you can't.)

Link

Very Happy

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a heck of a lot longer than I thought it would be!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday I will be hiking in if you want to come along!!!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice fishing on New Year's Eve? It would be my first time. Ooh, that's tempting. . . .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hike in and get some others. New Year Fish O Thon!!!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in unless there's reason to believe the ice isn't safe.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy.... I think I saw Bigfoot in them there woods...!

Ahhh Memories, Skeeter Jim and I carried the twin troller to the pond, took abour 45min but it was well worth it.

So Kira, How did you guys get past the gate at the end of the path?

FYI, I was talking with a buddy from Wethersfield about Break Neck Pond. One of his friends got caught driving that same path.

They impounded his truck, fishing gear and arrested him for trespassing. It cost him a lot to get his truck back because they used a 4x4 tow truck and they billed him for "off-road" towing. He said he heard it was well over $2,000 just for the towing bill.

Then he had to pay for he release and has a court date. Oh yeah, they kept his fishing gear including the boat.

Not worth driving the road...!

Just my view from the couch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard something like that, but I wasnt going to say anything. I wouldnt walk that with an inflatable,
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron - I can't provide any more info, sorry. It's a good thing the fines & penalties are so steep because that pain-in-the-ass access is what makes Breakneck so unpressured and awesome. The state police will swiftly take all of your stuff for trespassing on that land, so I don't recommend it even if you can get a vehicle past the gate. And yes, getting a boat in/out of there takes a lot of work! I did see a chick bring in a canoe on a welded & modified bike frame. It was an absolutely brilliant design...kind of like a stretch tricycle with no seat. Perfectly stable & capable of carrying a big canoe filled with stuff.

SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira,

When I took my Twin troller, I ened up bending the frame of the carrier. It'sa rough road.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great place to rip up with a CR 250 Laughing
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterRon wrote:
Kira,

When I took my Twin troller, I ened up bending the frame of the carrier. It'sa rough road.

It IS rough! Derek's (DV's) steel dolly got destroyed on the trip there, and the Corolla in the video had a messed up oil pan afterwards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: