CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Gardner Lake trip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillyphish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Gardner Lake trip Reply with quote

9:30 Stopped in Bob's bait and tackle in Uncasville....picked up some med shiners and some jigs. Ran into a local who bragged about his big evening on Dec 30 on Gardners lake...said he hauled in plenty of pickeral, bass, walleye, crappie, bluegill.

So that where I decided to go!

I headed out around 10:30am.....much later than I would have liked.

I approached the lake from the boat launch and noticed a large number of Ice-go'ers in the South East corner of the lake. I didn't want to infringe on the felow fisherman, so I set up about 80 yards from their tip-ups about 50 yards off shore. I spread a couple tip ups at depths from 6-15 feet.

I watched the fisherman right next to me chase flags till about 12:30 without a bite. They pulled in several pickeral, bass, and panfish while I was there.

At 12:30 I moved over to the west side of the iIsland where I set up shop for a while. I ended up catching a few perch, but not enoph to brag about.

When I left at 2pm, the ice was 5 inches in most areas and the warm weather was melting the ice pretty good.

I am planning to head out there again tommorrow afternoon (3-ish) in hopes of catching the evening bite and hopefully a few walleye for the skillet!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, walleye! Good luck next year!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shoulda came and said hi to us fisherman!!! we had plenty o' food
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: