CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: Jigging Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalfish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Jigging Help Reply with quote

http://www.nesportsman.com/cgi-bin/depthmaps.pl?state=Connecticut&db=data/connmaps.txt&maps=images/CT_Depth_Maps

Belly up to your computer and lets learn icefishing jigging! I am doing this because I love to help people. Too date I have helped 3 people. Jigging can be tricky. Where to start, what to use? I perfer to use hali jigs, or similar.

Lots of great colors. My fav is WFBL. I have caught tons on it. Another new fav

Hard to find but Connecticut Outfitters in Wethersfield has them. I fish all kinds of jigs and catch. They all work at one time or another, but these two are my go too's. Now how to catch and find. For me two cranks off the bottom is a great place to start. Jig it litely. Alot of times drop it to the bottom two cranks and let it sit. They will slam it. Other times, Bottom two cranks, Jig it litely, stop, and repeat. That works well later in the hardwater season. Study a map and get familar with it. Drop offs and points, and where you thing they are feeding. I hope this helps some. So get out there on SAFE ICE and drill a bunch of holes and JIG YOUR FACE OFF. Good Luck.
Metalfish(Ian)
Mike1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you tip your jigs with anything?
metalfish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, spikes!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

I agree with metalfish -> Except I will not be buying Hali jigs -> Any more Exclamation

I now use exclusively the "Kodiak Ice Jigs". Very Happy

Way better quality, stronger chains and hooks, terrific action, super holo and glow colors, "AMERICAN MADE Exclamation ", 2 sizes (6 and 9 gm), and at $3.00 per jig cheaper then the imported Hali's from Findland at $5.00 per jig.

The bait shops in Winsted carry them -> And they do sell fast Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: