CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Lots of fishing..... tons of pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Lots of fishing..... tons of pics Reply with quote

Been trying new lakes like crazy and kicking ass with a jig n pig. Building confidence, accuracy, and skill. Taking that next step from being an angler to becoming a very skilled angler.

Lake 1 (millers pond)
Its a carry in lake, which means a 300yard walk with a 12foot aluminum boat through the woods with a 12volt battery. Its a deep lake with IDEAL overlying brush in 2-5FOW with steep dropoffs and suppossedly smallies (main reason I wanted to try it) got the first few fish in maybe 5 mins on a popper and senko.

Switched it up to the jig for 3 or so hours and caught half as many as anthony did with a senko. All small fish besides a 3 7 he caught on a tree in 10-12fow.

He also C&R a 3foot watersnake.

Honestly a 150+ fish day with a few keepers lol. The rest were 9-11inches.

Didnt bother trying deep without a finder but that could of made the difference.

Lake 2
Went there with my girl tossing a jig into brush in 2-3fow again. Water was VERY muddy and the fish were pounding the jig on the first shoreline. No lunkers but I did manage a good 50 fish in 3hours with ALL of them being a pound to 1 pound 15oz. It was good that we would be talking and id tell her to hold on for a second and yank a bass over the rail. Literally a fish every 3-5feet of brush.
- average.

Lake 3 (black pond)
Hit a local toilet with my buddy jason and didnt expect much- targeting 1 strip of overhangs in 3-6fow on a STEEP shoreline. 6 casts in I had 2 keepers and a dink. Then it happened, I was missing a lunker all week and here she was. TAP tap on a perfect overhang, set the hook the and the fight is on. Few cartwheels COMPLETELY out of the water and into the net. Another one falls to the jig at 5lbs 5oz.

Lake 4 (qounnipaug)
Another day out with the girl. Flipped about 30 docks and the last 1 I get HAMMERED on the jig. Another 5lber that comes clear outta the water. Dives under the boat and tangles in the trolling motor..... gone. Through the mattlures around and nothing on that. Shitty afternoon- 1 hit.

Lake 5 (scoville)
Out with my little brother on scoville reservoir. Playing with my new cuda 242 portable fishfinder. Banged a quick 2 fish off a damn in 12fow and thought it would be hot and heavy. WRONG. My brother did beat the crap outta me fish wise on a senko outside a HUGE bed of coontail while I was working a dropshot. got bit off twice and landed 1 largie. He had a 2lber but refused to hold it for a pic due to its "teeth"

Final score was 3 (me) to 11........
:blink:

Lake 6
Dropped a 6-7pounder- bad hookset/falty jig shank after taking 20 casts to a perfect overhang- was talking to Anthony and saying " I cant believe theres nothing on this overhang...". Gave me a cart wheel jump and tossed my bent jig back at me, Anthony witnessed the fish and was swearing she was 7+ the whole 20 seconds of the fight

He got lunker at 2 0 but we were into 1 1/2 pound jig fish all day

I broke a fish off a hookset and retied, worked 15 feet down the shore from my break off and caught the same 1.5pounder with my 2 jigs down his mouth. Got um both back.

Ant shook an easy 4 on a long cast due to the fact that a 6 6 uglystick spinning rod is NOT made for setting the hook with a jig. He dropped at least 10 fish boatside due to that.

Got a few fish on the dropshot today and im finally getting comfortable with that too. Between the jig and the dropshot im getting very cocky in my abilities.

Tight lines!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report! Those are some good photos! Congrats to all you guys... I need to practice more with my Jig... It looks like i need to get out there do start practicing today!

Just one more cast...
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Nick,..once you get confidence in the jig there is no stopping you!! BTW,..dropshotting definitely requires a decent depthfinder most of the time,..so I'm sure that's going to improve for you! Wink
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Nick.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome report and pics Nick! Man you did a lot of fishing with that post. Congrats on those lunkers that you did get! Very Happy
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was only the last 8 days lol

I havent been getting in alotta fishing due to work but I quit one job and picked up a job where I only work till 2 or 3pm so I get out for nice afternoon trips. Im just happy my girl likes it- cant go without fishing!

I went out to black pond last night with the dropshot and scored 8 largies but they were all small. Outside weedline in 13-14fow- lots of trout harrassing my finnesse worms.
Keith T

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you throw the Frog at Black Pond?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a waste there kieth- ive tried for 2 hours and a friend (anthony) tried for even longer- not one blow up. The way back area under the powerlines could be a different story but not worth it unless you have a 110lb thrust trolling motor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: