CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Colebrook Res.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Colebrook Res. Reply with quote

Hi All!

Went out today and went to Colebrook Res.
Been hearing that a few guys were getting some Smelt so I thought i'd see if I could find some.

Got there at 12:00 noon -> Overcast and No wind -> Went out off the boat ramp (North) about 130 yds. -> ice all of 12 inches.

Set up my 2 Slammers with 2 med. minnows each -> one set at 15-18 ft and one at 7-8 ft. -> neither produced anything all day.

Drilled 2 jigging holes and tried my micro-light rod with 3 hook Sabiki rig for Smelt in 50 ft. of water. Started at the bottom and worked my way up in 2 crank increments -> did that a dozen times or more and Nothing.

Switched to my Ultra-light rod with small pearl colored "Smakin Jack" lure and started catching a lot of small but fat Yellow Perch.

Had about a dozen fish on the ice when the Heavy Ariel Bombers came in (2 Mature Bald Eagles with 6 ft wing spam) -> One landed on the ice and hoped over to within 15-20 ft. of me, so I thru him/her a perch -> Gobbled that down fast -> 2nd Eagle then came in next to the 1st.
Well I gave them both all the perch I had caught.

May have not had as good a day fishing as I had hoped -> But I obviously made 2 new friends Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy

Wish I had had my camera or cell phone with me so I could have taken some pictures -> Well maybe next time! -> Magnificent Birds Exclamation

Still wound up being a great day on the ice Exclamation Very Happy

Best regards,
SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
metalfish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. That must have been cool!! Thumbs Up
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome!! Good day after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: