CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: looking for an experienced ice fishing partner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanBass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: looking for an experienced ice fishing partner Reply with quote

hey guys and gals
im ryan, i just moved to newington from long island, NY.

i have only been ice fishing once before and that was last week at silver lake in berlin.
i was hoping someone local would like to meet me somewhere close by for a little lesson on how exactly the hardwater fishing works.
im willing to drive up to 30mins one way.

im not sure i have the proper gear/tackle for the trip and was hoping to examine some of your tackle and techniques if youre willing to share.

i only have 2 jigging rods and an 8" hand crank auger with a handful of jigs and artificial baits.

contact me if youre going to be fishing anytime soon, id love to tag along for the lesson.

thanks
RyanBass

if you dont want to private message, i also accept phone calls and text messages to 5165573204
metalfish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to help. Stay tuned. I am a jigger and you can learn some.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanBass - Listen to metalfish. He knows his ice fishing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome. i saw you guys video and pics of your trip to breakneck.
i will stay tuned and you let me know a good time and a good location and i will be there.
i was hoping maybe thursday, i will be off from work and it looks like temps will drop below freezing overnight
thanks for the help
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan, if your willing to drive sometime I'de be happy to show you techniques and give you a few pointers, Im in newington but i dont have my own wheels at the moment, (workin on that) but I could definitly show you a couple spots if you want, also what species would you like to target i mainly know about bass,pike,pickerel, and some about jigging for panfish although i am by no means an expert at that. lol if your interested let me know! I have some extra tip ups also if you dont have your own yet....Actually this offer goes to any takers really, If it were up to me ide be on the water almost everyday but without a car thats impossible!
RyanBass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im definatly willing to pick you up and drive.
is thursday a good day for you?

ill target any species you think will give us the most action. im not opposed to catching perch and sunfish either.

i dont have my own tip ups and honestly im not even sure how they work. haha

let me know about thursday
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im ''supossed" to work on thursday but ice fishing sounds better, let me see what i can do, do you work on the weekends??? i'll definitly be going for pike sometime this weekend with my buddy
Flipper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you guys going? Mind if I tag along? I've got everything but an auger and plenty of extra tip ups. I fish almost exclusively for pike, but have never tried it on the ice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows the weekends for you guys? i was thinking of going out to one of the coves if we dont get this snow storm, or maybe even if we do but the cove that i like to go to i havent got out on yet and i kinda like there to not be snow on the first time i've been out on a particular body of water so i can see the ice and not walk blindly onto unsafe ice! but im not opposed to going somewhere else for bass either
Flipper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coves are pretty close to my house, so that's fine. I have a soft spot for Bantam, but have never been to Pachaug so going with somebody who knows the lake would be cool. Wherever you guys decide is good with me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is bantam? i've never been?ive heard its the best place to go to catch pike but dont know seeing as im at the will of other people without having wheels of my own. i usually fish the coves cause its easy to get my friends that arent as dedicated as me to go there seeing as there 5 mins. from me. I'de like to get out this weekend sometime as long as i can kick this flu ive got now! i feel a bit better today so hopefully i'll be good for sunday, let me know if your and/or Ryan want to go!
Flipper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Bantam. In late Sept. I caught a 41" 17.5lb pike out of there (see Pike Party post). The problem is I don't have an auger, so I am at the mercy of others, as well (for now).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: