CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Nod Brook WMA - Upper Pond 01/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Nod Brook WMA - Upper Pond 01/11 Reply with quote

TurtleKiss (aka Kira) was able to talk DV (aka Derek) out of hibernation and onto the ice, today:

Welcome back, Derek!

We fished the upper pond at Nod Brook because Derek had never been on the ice before and would go out on only the safest ice we knew. I also wanted to guarantee him some fish. It was slightly colder that I expected and the sunny skies that had been forecast never appeared. We had clouds all day. Even worse, the meteorologists got the wind forcast wrong, too. We had a steady north wind in excess of five miles per hour that had my fingers frozen in no time at all. Shortly after we arrived, we were joined by jonnyfly00 (aka Jon aka Shelly) and his buddy, Will. We all landed fish, although Will got the best of it. He jigged up a 13 inch largemouth bass and a 19 inch chain pickerel:

I got a bunch of decent sunnies and an 11 inch calico bass. Kira and I also stole some of Jon's golden shiner thunder, although of course, he got one, too. He also got a keeper largemouth bass:

Here's a video report ala metalfish (aka Ian), but without editing, titles or music. . . well, anyway, here's some raw video that I shot with my cellphone:

Link

Link

Link

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 3rd video needs to be destroyed. At least edit out the 2 minutes where I'm inexplicably unable to access my grippers.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
metalfish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. GRIPPERS!!!!!! Thanks for the recognition. Sweet vids. I am making it a point to fish with all of you. One day I will me the next Charlie Moore, but I will be METALFISH, The Man With A Plan!!!!!
A Big CONGRATS ALL Thumbs Up
ALSO LOVE THE ICE PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
That 3rd video needs to be destroyed. At least edit out the 2 minutes where I'm inexplicably unable to access my grippers.

lol...pick that sucker up by the gills next time Razz
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
TurtleKiss wrote:

lol...pick that sucker up by the gills next time Razz

No.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha it was nice to be out on the water and see every one again. I still do not see the attraction to ice fishing though, I gave up fishing after 3 hours and started standing on a bucket. Thanks Phil for the hand warmers (for my toes), next time I will wear proper footwear.

@Ian- Although I love my safety sticks, I am so very glad I did not have to use them.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: LOL! Reply with quote

I neglected to mention the lesson that I learned, yesterday. When using a spud, either grip it very tightly or, better yet, attach it to yourself with a leash.

I gotta get a new spud. . . and a leash for it! Confused

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

additional spoils from tuesday's trip
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bass too. Phil, please post my bass.

johnkaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job all. looked like a good time. it was a cold cold day. nothing like easy access to the grips.lol..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bass, Kira? Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. I'm getting old and starting to forget little things like this. . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao!! Love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: