CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Saturday: Black Pond and Sunday: Silver Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Saturday: Black Pond and Sunday: Silver Lake Reply with quote

A weekend of ice fishing!! Can't get much better my friends. Cool

Saturday: Black Pond, Meriden.

Got on the ice around 3, which was a little late for my liking but the entire ramp to the launch was unplowed and someone got stuck in the path in a lowered Honda civic. Bright orange. lol. It was a sight to see. Then some guy in a Geo Tracker got all the way down to the ramp and was stuck. Pretty much everyone who pulled in got stuck, even the trucks such as my own!! Evil or Very Mad

I met my buddies out there and we spent the time fishing til dark, which was kinda slow going. We were not far off of the ramp, because the snow and ice was all slushy and deep and pretty much a good old mess. My friend got a nice 15" trout, his buddy got a small calico, and I got a fat 18" pickeral. Good times, but kind of a mess- I'm not sure I'll be heading back there any time soon.

Sunday: Silver Lake, Berlin.

Hit the ice with my friend on this beautiful winter day. Got there around 2:15pm when my friend tells me he can only fish til 3!!!!! Needless to say we set up only a few tip ups (3 each) in one of my favorite spots and got straight down to the business of catching fish. With only two tip ups set up a flag flew. The result was my friend missing the first fish of the day, which would have been his first through the ice ever. Soon, while setting up the rest we had two more flags, which both resulted in bass in the 1-2 lb range. Included was my friends first ice fish, in celebration we popped a cold adult beverage. Wink

Once all the tip ups were set we had only 15 mins of sitting and fishing before we broke down, but in that time we got 3 more bass, biggest going right around 2lbs.

For only 45 mins of fishing time we killed it and loved it. I only wish I could have stayed out longer!!!! FISH ON PEOPLE!! Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish. How much ice was there?
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good time!
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ F1$h- Black Pond ice about 6" + but under quite a mess of slush and snow (in some spots up to your knees). Silver Lake ice was a good 7 + inches and the snow cover was not as bad in the spot I was fishing at.

@ DD10- Yup it sure was. Have you been out on the ice at all?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out once so far this year then we got 2ft of snow Mad

Snow, ice and rain forecast for tomorrow. Not looking good right now. I'll be getting out again soon though hopefully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: