CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: grief from the other site members I know!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: grief from the other site members I know! Reply with quote

Don't know if this is where this gets posted BUT. I have had some flack about leaving the other PAID fishing site here in CT. Told them I did what I had to do. Wondering if anyone else had had this experience?
hookedup

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. I don't beleive that the pay per play concept will ever work. Why should you pay to post your own report? I have nothing against Mitch, actually I think he's a great guy I just don't belive in his new ways. I'll gaurantee 90% of the people paying will be visiting this site too. As far as CTF goes you can now call it a country club. My guess is about 1000 members when its all said and done. And there goes his advertising.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way you're here so WELCOME ABOARD, Are we having fun yet?? Surprised Very Happy

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hookedup wrote:
Same here. I don't beleive that the pay per play concept will ever work. Why should you pay to post your own report? I have nothing against Mitch, actually I think he's a great guy I just don't belive in his new ways. I'll gaurantee 90% of the people paying will be visiting this site too. As far as CTF goes you can now call it a country club. My guess is about 1000 members when its all said and done. And there goes his advertising.

I could not agree more... The concept makes no sense to me. Before I was banned from his forum for saying I was going to start my own forum I expressed to him that advertisers generally pay to advertise based on how many impressions the site gets. Those impressions will drop dramatically once its a paid site... Not to mention that i love to share photos and reports with friends and family... they sure are not going to pay to see what i have to share... Just doesn't add up...

We Welcome anyone who was to learn, share, or just check out some photos of some cool fish!
Capt. Karl

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people got upset when I gave away two of the so-called flags.
www.seatow.com
bassarama

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t believe it'll work for Mitch either, unless he's working on a 1000 elite pay per view group.

I've given Mitch some advice and good feedback...he once told me and I quote
"Truth is, I've always thought of ways to take in revenue without the expense of the users. However, as you pointed out, annoying ads does cost the user some."

I would have no problem donating a 50 dollars… forcing me to pay per view....is another story (I got a problem with that).

Time to move on, water under the bridge...
JohnnyTep

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shall see how the other site will turn out.. I'm hoping for the best for Mitch, but expecting the worst Crying or Very sad
However, this site is probably going to take off like CRAZY Twisted Evil
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness to everyone here, and to "other" forums out there who share the same passion as we do, I would like to close this thread and also say that we will delete any other threads resembling this topic of "other" CT Fishing Forums.

Our goal here is discuss fishing and not to bash other people or groups.
I wanted to nip this in the bud before it went too far as we all know can happen in a forum.

Let's focus on Fishing and trying to build a great place to share thoughts and ideas with others here!

Thanks for your understanding and support on this topic! We want to respect everyone regardless if they are a member of our forum or not...

Warm Regards,

Marc

THIS THREAD IS NOW LOCKED....

Just one more cast...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: