CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Fished Alexanders lake 1/22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icetilt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Fished Alexanders lake 1/22 Reply with quote

Fished Alexanders lake last saturday and had a great day. There was about 3 inches of snow on top of 8-10 inces of ice. Fished from 10am -3pm. Landed 4 rainbows the smallest being 1.5lbs and the largest was 3lbs. Landed one decent large mouth and a pickerel. Had a ton of flags and missed about 8 fish that were on when I started bringing them in. The rainbows were all caught on shiners down 5 feet in 25 feet of water with the exception of one that I caught jigging. Missed alot of fish because of the smaller hooks I was using. I stepped up the hook size but ended up dropping back down becasue the trout were just hitting and dropping when I went up on the hook size. Overall it was a good day out on the ice for my son and I.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi icetilt!

Glad you and your son had a good day!

I fished Alexander some years ago till I moved to the NW corner.

Isn't Alexander now strictly a town owned or private pond Question

SeaDog1
icetilt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a state access point on the lake up until 2 years ago when the lake committee put a gate across it effectively taking public access away. The thing that really sucks about that is the state also stopped stocking so whats in there is whats in there. It's a shame because it's one of the few lakes in the area that holds over trout. You just have to know some one to get on. But in the next couple of years there won't be any trout. Can anyone help me with posting photos?
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icetilt wrote:
There was a state access point on the lake up until 2 years ago when the lake committee put a gate across it effectively taking public access away. The thing that really sucks about that is the state also stopped stocking so whats in there is whats in there. It's a shame because it's one of the few lakes in the area that holds over trout. You just have to know some one to get on. But in the next couple of years there won't be any trout. Can anyone help me with posting photos?

Upload them to Imageshack. Then copy the code for forums and paste it in the message box. PICTURES appear like MAGIC.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will look like this code
[URL=htt p ://img832.imageshack.us/i/connector111lg.jpg/][/URL]
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, use the "Direct Link" and hit the "Img" button instead of the "URL" button when you add it to your post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: