CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bashan Lake 7/04.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Bashan Lake 7/04. Reply with quote

Got on Bashan at 5am (First time on this lake) water was real calm and clear. I'm guessing about 6 - 8 feet I can see clearly and 75deg. Only one other fisherman on the water.

Started for the island in the center first; fish it with a jitterbug for a while had two blow-ups. Switched to a smaller jitterbug with a broken back and son was using a popper.

Nothing happen after we switched, moved on to the other two small islands on the right side. I hooked into something good on that broken back jitter bug; however he managed to throw it before I got it near the boat. Mad

So far I'm liking the lake, islands, lot of rocks and cover... Laughing

Changed over as the morning came, started using a tube then a jig, then a jig & pig. Tried some crank baits caught a small crappie.

Finally took out the 10' ribbon tail (black w/char tail) worm Texas rigged; picked up three LMB along the shore around 7:30am.

Just then the water-skiers and jet skiers came out to play. Nothing since then, stayed until 11:00am.

Meet a nice guy at the loading ramp who made the trip from Vernon and he caught 6 LMB using a grub.

Never used grub's, looks like I'm going to CT outfitters today to purchase some grubs.

Trying to load back up was an adventure; everyone trying to get on while I was trying to get off. One guy was backing in with a 25' Grady white offshore boat. This thing was huge!!!

Last I seen he and his wife was trying to push it out into the lake with poles. I was nervous with my 18' Skeeter. That guy was brave..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Bashan Ron.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

We gotta make a day and go together to Bashan...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, just say the word! I'm up for Bashan smallmouths and largies! Did you get the tubes yet for your Lake Winnie trip like I told you? Make sure to get some lead jigheads in various weights also. I like the ones with the rattles built into the jigheads also so you can ring the dinner bell for them from a long distance away!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

I purchase jig heads with and without raddles. I also picked up more tubes than I will ever need in a range of colors..

Wel will get together when I get back in two weeks. I'll stop by and see you then.

Ron
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bashan is a tough liake. Nice job hookin a few.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Ron,..I'd suggest avoiding that lake on Holidays & weekends in the future! At Rogers lake the skiers can't come out until 11 AM,..so that's a better bet,...but then all heck breaks loose there too! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: