CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Countryside Park 02/02
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Countryside Park 02/02 Reply with quote

jonnyfly00 (aka Jon aka Shelly) decided to check out the lower pond at Countryside Park, which is around the corner from my house in Avon. He got there around 2:00 pm and set up some tip-ups. I headed over around 4:00 pm, when Jon started jigging. There was very little wind and the air temperature was around 30 degrees. The 12+ inches of ice was covered with six to eight inches of snow with a crust on top. To drill a hole, you'd shovel down to the surface of the ice and the shoveled area would immediately fill with four inches of icy cold, crystal clear water. 10 cranks of the six inch auger would put you through the top layer of ice, then 25 more cranks would get you through the clear ice. Jon's tip-ups were set down the length of the pond, but he didn't get any flags. When I got there, he was jigging in the deeper area just downstream from the upper pond spillway. We worked our way south, drilling holes about 15 feet off of the west shore of the pond. Just after 5:00 pm, I got a few good nibbles about halfway down the shore, but missed the hookset and lost my bait. Jon drilled a hole six feet away from mine and almost immediately pulled up a decent yellow perch on a perch eye jig baited with mousies:

Darkness didn't fall until about 5:30 pm, and I left before 6:00 pm, because I had to schlep my kids around. No fish for me, but thanks for getting me out and onto the ice, Jon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: