CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood Lake 2/13/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Candlewood Lake 2/13/11 Reply with quote

I went out. I should have listened to all the things I heard. Its TRUE. Got there at 9:30am and hiked out. There was only two small groups out there. One of the groups was heading in. :Smile Got to my spot and drilled several holes. Fished these holes..... NOTHING Surprised It use to have fish. Move to the front side and make more holes. Found deep water 29 ft. NO LIFE. Fished till 1:30pm and called it a day. Its amazing..... This lake is turned upside down shaken and has not settled. But I gave it some hell and poked a butt load of holes. Till next time Later.
fisherboy14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were you fishing by latins cove?
metalfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out of the launch next to squantz.. Took a right and walked to the island on the left.
fisherboy14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh ok i was jw cause i saw someone walking through the cove around 10 looked like he was about to set up.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you, Ian. I'm going to try again, tomorrow. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be illegal to bet each person who wants to go back out on cwood that they will catch 0 - 2 fish MAX?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was not c'woods year- after 8 trips saturday was the last straw. will try again next year... seems to me that the fish are just too well fed on the alwives. my guess it that with the lake down it has concentrated the schools of them and its easy pickens for the trout & bass. there are so many that we have been grinding them up w/ the power auger while punching holes every trip. (i've also heard people blame the poor fishing on oxygen deficency- who knows???) 2010/2011 winter just wasnt a good ice year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: