CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Depth charts/maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Depth charts/maps Reply with quote

With the warmer weather coming I can see fishing season coming soon. I was planning on sitting and looking at some depth charts/maps to plan some of my early outings. Do you guys have a source or website you go to, to find that out? Or would I be better served looking for that information in a publication? Thanks.[/quote]
dave_376

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isn't too much information available for lakes in CT. The DEP has a book with some contour information but it isn't in great detail. The are some maps for Candlewood, Lilly, and the Ct river (maybe Zoar too) but thats about it. Even GPS maps are lacking for CT.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a place I found online a while back that has some maps...

http://www.nesportsman.com/cgi-bin/depthmaps.pl?rcnt=0&state=Connecticut&db=data/connmaps.txt&maps=images/CT_Depth_Maps
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Just what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.
DickVanPike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut = great book, pick it up. I mostly use it just for the topo maps
dave_376

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are very basic and show little to no detail. Some of them are completely wrong when compared to the depth reading from a depth finder. these maps are infinitely better http://www.nbswebstore.com/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi?view=products&cart_id=156860_2740&product=Maps&manufact=FISHING%20HOT%20SPOTS%20MAPS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: