CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Beseck 2-13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Beseck 2-13 Reply with quote

After making plans with PikePersuader we decided to hit Beseck Lake for some pike. I arrived at the launch around 7:30am and the weather was nice for a change. No wind and around 25 degrees, but warming by the minute. I was really suprised that the lake was solid ice with no snow/slush that we've been used to seeing.
I met a guy just off the ramp that I thought was the guy I was meeting so I drilled 4 holes, set up 3 tipups and began jigging. It turns out we had a comunication breakdown and he was not the guy. So I stayed there for about an hour with no bites and decided to head for the cove and look for PikePersuader. As I was leaving, The guy I had been talking to landed a 26" pike on a big shiner.
I walked down the lake talking to everybody and saw another pike about 28" and a large catfish about 4-5lbs on the ice. Nothing else of size. When I got to the cove I ended up hanging out with a group of guys who were really cool so at least I wasn't fishing alone. I drilled 6 more holes (thru 16-18" of ice by hand) and began fishing again.
I was set up between 6'-15' of water and using frozen mullet (I think). I was also jigging with nightcrawlers and never even got a bite. The guys I was with caught a few small pike and a few small bass all on shiners very close to shore. The highlight of the day was a 5lb. LMB one of the other guys got.
Never found PikePersuader, but I had a great time even though I got no fish. No more frozen bait for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude i was out there, fishing about halfway to the damn from the launch, i was with three other people and i had the shanty set up, sorry, you must of walked right by us and not realized! we caught three small pike, couple pickerel and a couple perch, nothing too great but its better than nothing!
Flipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw you guys out there. I think you were the only people I didn't talk to. You guys were out in deeper water than most everyone else, right. Oh well. maybe next time. I'm going to Bantam Sunday am. Mabey we'll meet up then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be at bantam either sat. or sun. not sure which day yet, yeah we were fishing a little deeper than most of the people, we started noticing that we were getting more pike in the deeper water and put most of our baits out there
JustStarting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flipper, I was going to meet up with some friends (who have never been ice fishing before) and go fish Beseck for the first time. This year was my first year goin by myself with my friends to different lakes other than Highland, and I was wondering if you could tip me off to where to drill some holes. We just want to catch some fish and aren't that worried about size. thanks
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be out there later today with Phil... But thinking of going jigging somewhere first....
Flipper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest the shoreline from the boat launch to the cove. Fish shallow from what I saw and heard. Try to get there early - the word is out on the pike and the place was mobbed last weekend.
Don't expect anything too big for pike. They have not been breeding in there long enough to produce any size. And if people keep taking the keepers out, there never will be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. Goodluck with the rest of your season
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: