CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Mill Pond 02/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Mill Pond 02/17 Reply with quote

I was being a real lazy a$$ today, until jonnyfly00 (aka Jon aka Shelly) told me that he was going to check out Mill Pond, which is in the park next to Canton High School. It's just a little ice skating pond that has recently been posted "No Skating". I asked my daughter whether she wanted to try ice fishing and we headed out to Canton. It was beautifully warm outside. We met Jon on the ice at 3:20 pm. He had already drilled a few exploratory holes that came up pretty shallow. The ice was watery in spots, but still solid. We found some deeper water, around six feet deep, near the small spillway in the southeast corner of the pond. While Jon set some tip-ups baited with small minnows, my daughter and I jigged all over the pond. Around 4:00 pm, Cots6 (aka Mason aka McMason) showed up. He had fished Mill Pond during the Summer and caught a couple of largemouth bass there. Unfortunately, we didn't get a single nibble anywhere on the pond. We left the ice at about 5:00 pm. Hopefully, Bay Lake at Walt Disney World will be more productive for me and my daughter next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: