CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Perry"s Pond, Fairfield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Perry"s Pond, Fairfield Reply with quote

Got on the ice around 11. Drilled my first hole, dropped a shiner in and while drilling my second hole, i got a big yellow perch. Ended up getting perch mostly all day. Caught about 4 sunnies, 2 crappie, & 5 big golden shiners. I should have kept the golden shiners cuz my buddy just called me to go meet up with him in a little while to fish for stripers in derby. Will let you know how that goes too. Tomorrow i have plans to fish POND-X. It's secluded in the woods off I95 exit 19 & As far as i know it isn't named. Will give the location & details if there is any fish in it.Been back there in the summer and it's a good sized pond with a lot of cover, rocks and fallen trees. There was only 1 open spot that is castable from shore due to all the overgrowth around the perimeter. As far as i know nobody ever fishes there. To me it seems like a great spot to try ice fishing.
Peace out fish people.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today ended up being a rerun of yesterday. My brother backed out of tagging along with me to pond X. I didn't want to fish the ice alone on a secluded pond where nobody would find my corpsicle if i happened to break through. Went to Perry's again today and caught perch, pond shiners, bluegills, 1 bass and 1 sucker. Was pretty fun. Then tonight me and my buddy went back up to Derby to try for the stripers again with the same result as yesterday. Skunked. That's allright because time in nature is the best spent. I feel like we need the herring run next month to really get the fish going again up there, but will still try every couple weeks or so. Tentative plans to fish the hot water outlet in bridgeport next saturday for stripers. Will report on that if we follow through. Anybody else out there getting stripers still??? I personally have only tried about 3 times since we nailed 4 keepers on new years day. Just curious if anybody has seen any.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"corpsicle"? Shocked Thanks for the report! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Corpsicle !!! haha
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, went back yesterday. Only about 100 square feet of ice left. Open water there very soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: