CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Local Pond - Bait
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Local Pond - Bait Reply with quote

Hit my local pond for some bait this morning. Used small pieces of crawlers on 2 jigging poles. The wind was viscious and drilled 5 holes through about 16" of ice before I found them. Ended up with 6 fallfish from 6" to 10" long. All set for Bantam tomorrow morning, baitwise.
Problem is my drill adapter didn't come in, so I'll be hand drilling. That, on top of 13 degrees w/ wind chill and the long walk I'm anticipating - not sure if I want to go. I want to fish the back end of north cove, and unless I do some imaginative parking, the walk from Folly Point will be quite a trek.
I'm having second thoughts to say the least. Next weekend will be the last chance for Bantam pike until April, as the season closes on that lake for them, so the window is real small. Guess I'll see what tommarow brings. Chances are I'm dumb enough to try it. Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with you if I weren't heading out of town tomorrow. Just bundle up and drill another hole if you start to get cold. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dress really warm. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: