CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: ball pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PBS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: ball pond Reply with quote

braved the wind & ended up on ball pond this weekend- steady action all morning saturday- 0700/1200- lmb & slab bluegills. most fish on jigs / a couple of the bass on tip ups- nothing huge, largest bass was about 15 inches.

sunday fished from 0630/0900- scratched out some bluegills but the colder temps shut the bass down.
fishinguy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey PBS was that you I saw leaving on Sat.... Me and my son were pushed all over the pond by the wind ...wound up with a couple bluegills and alot of laughs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup- that was us- saw you coming out & at one point it looked like your son was blown back to shore- need to get him some screws for the bottom of his boots...

we fished about 100 yards north of where you ended up - the bass liked it closer to shore as we got out to the center more it was all bluegills.
fishinguy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad part was he had my crampons! We were mostly toward the center ,like you said, all bluegills.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not surprised to hear he was still blown over even with crampons- i was damn near blown over a couple times myself- that sure was a lot of wind!! yesterday was pretty windy but not as hard- with the slower fishing we did not bother to stick it out that long...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: