CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Black Pond 02/26
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Black Pond 02/26 Reply with quote

I got on the ice around 1:00 pm. The parking lot at the bottom of the hill next to the boat launch ramp was accessible. It wasn't very cold and there was very little wind. I talked with a couple of guys who were just off the right side of the boat launch ramp and were ice fishing for the first time. They had set a couple of tip-ups and were jigging with the butt end of a spinning rod and reel, and a live shiner. I gave them a perch eye jig and some waxies. Hopefully, they caught something. Although asianfisher (aka Billy) and I had some luck just to the left of the ramp the last time that we were there, I hiked down to the southeast tip of the pond and set five tip-ups. I drilled 10 holes and jigged the other five. Unfortunately, I got no nibbles on my jig and no flags. Around 2:00 pm, I saw the DEP guy, Matt, heading toward me over the ice. He surveyed me for the second time this year. I'm one up on you already, Kira! Surprised Shortly after Matt took off, I saw another guy heading toward me who was not Billy. When he got close, I saw that it was Billy's father, Bill. He stopped by to say, "Hi!", after picking up a nice All-Star Spinning rod and Pflueger President spinning reel at a flea market for only $40. At about 3:30 pm, I gave up on the southeast end of the pond and moved everything back toward the ramp, just off the east shore where the shoreline bends and a creek trickles into the pond. There's also a steep dropoff close to shore there. I drilled eight holes, but couldn't shake the skunk. Billy finally showed up on ice skates and his dad took off. Billy spent more time skating than jigging, but managed to jig up a small sunny in the 10 minutes that he did. Unfortunately, I ended up with the skunk. We got off the ice just before darkness fell.

Last edited by PECo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
basswacka19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: YUFLBKJH: Reply with quote

PECO, I do enjoy reading your ice fishing reports but i just hope they wont be ice reports too much longer Mad we really need some open water is all im saying Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you, basswacka19. But I'm still gonna drill some holes today. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Pond 02/26 Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Around 2:00 pm, I saw the DEP guy, Matt, heading toward me over the ice. He surveyed me for the second time this year. I'm one up on you already, Kira! Surprised

I like the competitive spirit Phil, but don't get too confident just yet. I'm at 2 now...survey at Moodus last week and ENCON at Beseck yesterday. Why don't you just go ahead and get a comfy little lead at Silver Lake next? The Crappie King & I (LOL...worst musical ever) will have total control of the DEP via Black Pond by the 4th week in April. You'll be wishing you had Matt's number on speed dial. Razz

BTW, if fishing-related law enforcement interrogations counted towards the score you would be TOAST.

"Park Closes at Sunset" = "Park Closer at Sunset" Very Happy

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Pond 02/26 Reply with quote

Hey Phil pops wanted to say he paid 30 for what ever he bought......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: