CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Open Water
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mep21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Open Water Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Being as this is my first Northeast winter (wasn't I lucky?) I am getting extremely anxious for some open water to fish. I bought a kayak a week or two ago too which is making me all the more restless.

How long does it usually take for the ice to break around here? Also, I know from looking around here that many of you fish out of kayaks. How early in the season do you take out the kayak? Would appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks!
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not soon enough.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Open Water Reply with quote

mep21 wrote:
Hi everyone. Being as this is my first Northeast winter (wasn't I lucky?) I am getting extremely anxious for some open water to fish. I bought a kayak a week or two ago too which is making me all the more restless.

How long does it usually take for the ice to break around here? Also, I know from looking around here that many of you fish out of kayaks. How early in the season do you take out the kayak? Would appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks!

Hi mep21!

Ice Out Question -> All depends upon the weather (Wx).
Last 2 years we still had ice (60-75%) covering most waters north of I-84 till the end of March.

Now that could be atributed to the fact that that Rodent in Pennsylvania saw his shadow the last 2 years. -> This year he didn't, but that could be because the boys in top hats didn't want crosshairs lined up on them Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ice Out will come when it comes! -> I'll agree with Jon though -> The sooner the better Exclamation Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
mep21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Just needed some sort of idea to keep from going crazy. Never really had to deal with it for very long back in Southwest Ohio. Looking forward to a good season though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: