CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 03/02
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 03/02 Reply with quote

After experiencing the North Farms Reservoir fish kill this morning, I headed over to Spring Pond in Avon. I decided to check out an area on the east shore, just south of the basalt boulder and rocky beach that mark the beginning of the northeast cove. I arrived at 2:00 pm and by 2:30 pm I had drilled seven holes and set my five tip-ups with small shiners in a line roughly perpendicular to the shore. I began jigging, but almost immediately got a flag on the middle tip-up:

Link

I didn't get any nibbles in my first two jigging holes, so I started drilling holes toward the middle of the pond:

Link

And here's the best fishing video that I've made so far:

Link

Link

Although I stayed on the ice when the rain cloud went over, I packed up at 4:35 pm when another set of dark clouds appeared, the wind began to blow and snow began to flurry. All told, I got the one fall fish on the tip-up, and jigged up four sunnies and the one perch. There's still a lot more pond for me to check out there. I'm gonna find me them big largemouth bass. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Pond 03/02 Reply with quote

Hey Phil going to the door breaker sale cableas saturday morning 8am... You should come and get yourself some saltwater stuff... Than maybe go to derby.... Or closer to cabelas.....
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Pond 03/02 Reply with quote

asianfisher wrote:
Hey Phil going to the door breaker sale cableas saturday morning 8am... You should come and get yourself some saltwater stuff... Than maybe go to derby.... Or closer to cabelas.....

Geez...just text him. Very Happy

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Phil!
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Hey, Dawg! Reply with quote

As much as I like eight inch holes, your six inch auger cuts through the ice like it was butter!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Hey, Dawg! Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
As much as I like eight inch holes, your six inch auger cuts through the ice like it was butter!

That's because he wipes down the blades after peeing on them. Laughing
(That comment is probably going to make zero sense to more than a few people.)

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hey, Dawg! Reply with quote

PECo wrote:

The 6" is definitely much easier than the 8". Sharp blades help too. I'm going to get one of those little auger blade sharpeners to keep it in tip top shape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: