CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Orlando, Florida - Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon 02/23
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Orlando, Florida - Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon 02/23 Reply with quote

This'll have to be a short report for now. Typing on an iPhone is tough. My daughter and I fished Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon at Walt Disney World, yesterday. They're the two lakes on either side of the Contemporary Resort. The air and water temperatures were both 70 degrees and we had cloudless sunny skies while we fished from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. The two hour excursion ended up costing only $200, because we had a voucher for 15 percent off. I had expected to cost $221, because the cost posted online was $260. At the marina it was posted as $270. Our guide, Dave Osani, picked us and my wife up at the Contemporary Resort Marina in a Tracker pontoon boat. We used seven foot rods and had a choice of spinning or baitcasting reels. Dave put us on a hump in Bay Lake in 12 feet of water and I soon got the first bite on a purple Texas-rigged curly tail worm fished slowly on the bottom. I got the largemouth bass to the surface, but lost it when it jumped. Yes, my first hookset was too weak. Confused I should have wacky-rigged the worm. Dave had also given us the option to live line shiners. My daughter tried it for a while, but got no bites. Dave didn't want to weight the shiners because of the weed cover on the bottom. Anyway, my daughter soon switched to a worm, too. After Dave lost another small bass (i.e. 14 inches or so), we moved on to an island across from the Disney Wedding Chapel near the Grand Floridian Hotel in the Seven Seas Lagoon. We worked our way around to the east side of the island when Dave landed a small bass to get the skunk off the boat. He also hooked into the next fish, which was tight to the mass of floating grass on the shore of the island, and let my daughter land it. It was a nice three pound, 15 ounce bass. I'll post a photo later. By the way, those Florida strain bass are darker green and fight harder than our northern bass. And the bass are already on beds and spawning down there. Anyway, I finally set the hook on and landed the first of three bass that I got. All were less than two pounds but, man, it felt great to land a bass in open water. And with Mickey and friends providing the soundtrack in the background, it was magical. Very Happy

* * * * 2011-03-01 Added Photos * * * *
Here's my daughter with the almost four pounder:

And here's me with the first one that I landed:

"I caught a fish and it was THIS BIG!" Surprised Our guide, Dave Osani, has a great sense of humor and is also a very creative photographer. Very Happy

Last edited by PECo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss warm weather fishing... Sad ...glad you got a chance to get out there. Sounds like a great time.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the big bass at? shitty time slot tho......
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DD!

Yeah! I'm ready for warmer Wx and open water fishing -> especially for my favorite "Kokanee Salmon" Exclamation Very Happy

Love my Silver Bullet Phsyco Fish Exclamation Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

SeaDog1
MarkO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering how you made out Peco. At least the conditions sound nice, even if the fishing is slow.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, you need to post a pic of your 35lb LMB Wink
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Oops! Reply with quote

I forgot to post the photos. Thanks, Dawg!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a BIG Fish!!!
Fishface

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job Phil and Jessica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: