CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: hit winchester lake this past saterday (3-5-11)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishermen101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: hit winchester lake this past saterday (3-5-11) Reply with quote

i went to winchester lake this past sunday with my dad and uncle, were fishing for the big pike, we ended up catching only a 15in pike, and a 2pound bass and some sunnys, still was a good day, the ice is still about 8inches thick but i think im done for the year cuz we were walking in 3inches of water, and everybody knows it sucks to hav wet feet. im ready for open water fishing, i would say its been a good icefishing year for me! is anyone else still icefishing?
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on Park Pond on Sunday and the ice was 19 to 20 inches thick, with 11 to 12 inches of frozen white ice on top of eight inches of clear black ice. Are you sure that the ice was only eight inches thick at Winchester?

Last edited by PECo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
fishermen101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea I'm sure. there was 3inches of water on top of the ice also, was it like that where you were?
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. We had about 1/2" of water (cause it was raining) on top of 19" - 20" of ice. Strange because Park is literally right across the street from Winchester.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent three hours on the ice at Park Pond in the driving rain with DirtyDawg10 (aka Derek). There wasn't too much standing water on the ice, although Derek hit a pretty good puddle on our way back to the boat launch ramp when he wasn't watching where he was going. It took a couple of holes for me to figure out that water wouldn't run into the hole if I were to drill on a high point on the ice.

Oops, simultaneous post. Hey, fishermen101, are you sure that you weren't just looking at the frozen white ice? Sometimes, the clear black ice underneath the white stuff is hard to see.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be more than that.
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went on sat and there was only about 8 or so in berlin, and it was really soft, remember white ice doesnt really count especially when its water logged and soft
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with all the rain the white ice was still hard at Park on Sunday. I think I'm turning in my Yak Trax for this season though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: