CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Countryside Park - Upper Pond 03/08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Countryside Park - Upper Pond 03/08 Reply with quote

Just after 10:00 am, I went down the hill from my house to Countryside Park to do some jigging. It's beautifully sunny today, with very little wind and air temperatures in the upper 30s. I chipped 3/4 of an inch of new ice out of a couple of holes and jigged up two yellow perch and a sunny in 20 minutes. A crew of workers from the Town of Avon showed up and kicked me off of the pond because they're going to lower the water level in anticipation of more surface water runoff. I guess I'll try a new spot this afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo is it still save ti be going out in ice this time of year ??? I'm dying and can't wait for the ice to break around Danbury area so I can hit areas like east,west and candelwood lake ... I also hope the yak offer u had told me is still available come yak time .... I'm saving up some money to eventually perchase a used one .. Smile
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the ice is still safe. At least, where I've been. But, yes, I check it more often and more carefully than I did a couple of weeks ago. Very Happy And, yes, when we get open water and you have some time, we'll definitely go paddling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you couldn't pay me to go out on the ice this time of year...with the warm weather, rain, and fog.
fisherboy14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comon guys ice is plenty safe i just went to squants pond at minnimum there was 10 inches still. but i am cleaning of the boat and canoe just got the canoe resgistered so open water is definently coming!! =D
cmorenito1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I can't wait Laughing
colburn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmorenito1 wrote:
PECo is it still save ti be going out in ice this time of year ??? I'm dying and can't wait for the ice to break around Danbury area so I can hit areas like east,west and candelwood lake ... I also hope the yak offer u had told me is still available come yak time .... I'm saving up some money to eventually perchase a used one .. Smile

Ocean state job lot has kayaks for sale for 200. They have the big paddles cabellas sells for 60 for 20 bucks
cmorenito1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colburn wrote:
cmorenito1 wrote:

Ocean state job lot has kayaks for sale for 200. They have the big paddles cabellas sells for 60 for 20 bucks

Cool where r they located ?
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by Countryside Park at 9:30 am and the water level in the upper pond is the same as it was yesterday. I guess the work crew that was here wasn't able to lower it. I'm gonna go jig up some fish.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
Cool where r they located ?[/quote]

Idk there is one in Berlin that I know of check there website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: