CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Costs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Costs? Reply with quote

Hey flippy!

Just out of curiosity (What with fuel and other costs going up) -> What is the total cost to own, insure, maintain, tow, outfit, and operate a bass-boat for 1 day of personal fishing Question

Also what's the total cost to do the same tournament fishing + tournament fees Question

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, this is going to SUCK,,,Well Seadog to answer your question, here it goes,, the cost to own a rig depends on who owns their boat and who owes on their boat, payments on boats are basically a car payment, insurance on a bass rig depends, most guys insure their rigs and everything else with it ( electronics, baits, tackle, rod and reels) prices vary but I would say 150 dollars to 500 dollars per year, the boats nowadays are pretty maintenance free but again they burn 2 stroke oil, so that must be added when needed, but when something happens or you take it to the dealer, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY... basic tune ups are usually done by the owner, for the tow vehicle, same thing, basic tune up and maintenance, now, my boat has a 32 gallon fuel tank, and so does my truck, thats 64 gallons of fuel,,, thats going to suck,, the prices of tournys are all over the place,, you can fish bigger tournys for less than 100 dollars, thats not bad,, team trails are looking better and better, partners usually pay half,, now just because these boats are fuel tanks, doesnt mean your going to burn all that fuel or even a 1/4 of it, also, I get 17 miles to the gallon with my truck pulling my boat,,, when I take the initial hit in the spring filling my boat, I just keep adding gas when I could, I see alot of guys will be fishing smaller lakes and ponds alot more this year,, so to go out and fish a day depending where I go, It could be 20 dollars or 100 dollars a day, Crying or Very sad tournament your probably around 200 dollars Crying or Very sad
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the annual personal property tax bill on a $25,000 boat these days?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flippy!

All I can say is OUCH Exclamation Sad

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco, depends on the town your in
CTBASSIN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pay sales tax when you register the boat for the first time.There is not a property tax on boats, yet. You pay property tax on the trailer because it has tires.

The average day on the water cost me about $125

Fitzwater Lures- Best custom jigs on the market
http://www.fitzwaterlures.com/

American Bass Anglers Draw Tournament Trail
CT Division 6
www.abadivision6.com
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTBASSIN,,, WHAT... Yes you pay property tax on the boat,, the boat and trailer are taxed with DMV, You dont pay property tax on your boat????
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!! flippy 17miles per gallon with your truck while towing your boat man i got to get a truck like that,i get 10 miles per gallon while towing my boat & 15 miles per gallon without towing my boat,what kind of truck do u own??
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes got a good year ford nx.

jim, while shopping for a boat last fall/winter I was getting insurance prices of 150-225 A MONTH for taking 5-10k dollar loans out. If you buy cash insurance is like 25-40 bucks a month for the liability but full coverage on a loaned boat is f'in EXPENSIVE! My insurance rate was going to be a 1/3rd more then my payment every month which is NOT cool.
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NX, I have a Ford F250, with a 5.4 ltr,,, truck is great on fuel,, considering the size,,, Nick,, its crazy,, what they get
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Nick. Did the chick in the Escalade finally replace your boat?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy there is no property tax on boats, just the registration. Check your tax bills.

"The legislature exempted all vessels from the property tax in 1981 (PA 81-423). That act also replaced the tax with an annual state registration fee on motorboats and required the state to remit a portion of the fee revenue back to the towns. The legislature did this because towns were losing revenue as more boat owners found ways to legitimately avoid the tax."

Malloy's Plan. This is from the currant

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-boat-tax-box-20110315,0,2372993.story

Fitzwater Lures- Best custom jigs on the market
http://www.fitzwaterlures.com/

American Bass Anglers Draw Tournament Trail
CT Division 6
www.abadivision6.com
emptylakebassman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, there is no property tax on boats only on the trailers. I only pay about $17 a year tax on my trailer. The towns can only charge property tax on vehicles that touch the roads. TIRES. You do pay registration every year for the boat though. And that depends on the size of the boat.
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right...I knew there was some kind of tax somewhere Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: