CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: tournament questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andersondnb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: tournament questions Reply with quote

i am new to the ct bass fishing and im interested in getting into some tournaments. i see that theer is a long list of tournaments. how do you go about signing up for these
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the permitted tournament schedule?

If so, those are permits issued to all the different bass fishing clubs or trails in CT for that particular calendar year. You can research by date or by lake.

You need to join a club first, they will have their schedule set up and you fish what ever lakes or river the DEP grants them for particular dates.

Are you looking to fish a few tournaments to get your feet wet, or are you an accomplished tournament angler looking to fish a full trail? or somewhere in between?

The more information you give us, the better we can point you in the right direction.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Wednesday Night Big Bass Tournament Reply with quote

There's a not so formal tournament out of Wethersfield Cove on the Connecticut River every Wednesday night:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/wednesday-night-big-bass-wethersfield-2010-updated-t3678.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah im just looking for some tournaments to fish were its mostly guys using small aluminum boats
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anderson, those are clubs having tournys, join a club, If you need help, I can guide you to a club that would best fit you. There are a few types of clubs, there are clubs that just fish for money and nothing else, there are clubs that fish for money and points, THERE ARE SOME CLUBS THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO JOIN, there are clubs that fish for points, If you want to join a club and really see how good you are, I would join a CBFN club and fish that club and the FEDERATION, that will put you to the test, Some of the best fisherman in the state fish the FEDERATION, You can also fish open tournys, doesnt matter if you have a 12ft rig or a 21ft rig you can enter and fish, open tournys are usually team tournys, oh thats another thing, there are clubs that fish as a team and other clubs you fish for yourself, If you want a tourny I can arrange alittle tourny with just a few boats and you can fish in your boat, Any questions you can PM me, Jim
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to know what tournaments are coming up, check out the list of tournaments on the DEP website... thats a good place to look for open events

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
luck38

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: USA Bassin Reply with quote

You are more than welcome to join USA Bassin for the year. $25 membership for the year per person. $50 per tournament per team. You must have a functioning livewell and proof of insurance. My brother and run the West Trail. If you have questions please call my brother Jamie at 203-510-8805. For more information please see www.usabassin.com.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: